Sunday, September 27, 2009

Leaving Colorado Springs on a High Note!!!

After having the time of this last week to look back on the Gene Miranda Invitational, in Colorado Springs, I have focused more on the positive things. If everyone does not know I ended up shooting 75,76,83 over the three rounds placing me in a tie for 93 of 108. This placing has shown me that the competition has improved and I need to stay focused throughout that tournament and not worry all my play on one hole. Even though I did not play all that great on the last day of the tournament I did have more birdies(4) then the first two round combined. My ball striking the entire week was great and it is still feeling great.



This last week back in Utah we had our second qualifying for the next tournament which is up in Layton, Utah about 1.5 hours north of Orem. I did not receive and exemption for the Gene Miranda so I had to fight my way back onto the top 5. We had the qualifying days, the first at Soldier Hollow in Midway, Utah. I was still not feeling 100% health wise but bared with it at shot a 75. The lower for that day was Noah Cook who shot 73 to receive the 3rd spot on the team. The second day was at Hobble Creek in Springville. I played and felt better on Thursday and shot an even par 36. I ad to birdie my last two holes to shot even but I fought back strong. Andrew was the low that day with an impressive 32 and took the 4th spot.

We had a team meeting on Friday to go over the team going to the tournament and coach picked me at the 5th guy. Overall in the qualifier I finished 3rd but Jeff and Dane were exempt and did not have to qualify even though they played.

We are leaving today at 9:30 to go play our practice round at 12. I have not played the course we are going to yet so today I am going to learn the course so I can play well on Monday and Tuesday.

Sorry I did not get this post up earlier, School has been taking over my life right now, but last week I got all caught up.
I will keep you posted about this weekend.

If anyone has any ideas of other things I could put onto this blog let me know by leaving a comment!!

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment