Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Week of UVU Golf

Hey everyone thanks a lot for taking the time to join my blog. I thought this would be an innovative way to keep everyone updated, rather than just sending out emails. I hope you enjoy this and even post comments.
I have been in Utah since August 19th and school just started last Wednesday. So far I think my classes will be challenging be doable at the same time. I am taking Calculus, Physics, and Engineering Statics on Campus, and my Public speaking class is online! I don’t know exactly how this concept of speaking online is going to work but I think its cool not having to go to class.
We just started official golf practice this week and playing 5 straight days of 18 holes. Coach is trying to get a feel for where everyone’s game is going into the season. We’re playing 5 different course and 2 of them we didn’t even get to play last year. Coach must have brown-nosed some of the course head pros to get us on!! HAHA
Yesterday we played Talons Cove, one of the courses I did not get to play last year, which is a links style layout with some drivable par 4s. I played alright for the first time seeing the course, shot a 78 having to get up and down for par many times. My short game and putting was good only having 28 putts. I scored 4th on the team but know I can do better and be one of the tops guys.
Today we played at one of our homes course Hobble Creek in Provo Canyon. This is one of the easier course we play it’s a par 71 and plays around 6800 yards. I played somewhat better today shooting even par: 2 over on the front, 2 under on the back. Putting was not that great and I had two 3 putts but added a no putt on the 17th hole to finish birdie-birdie. Finished 6th today because a lot f the guys played well too shot under par.
We are playing Soldier Hollow tomorrow which is on the way the Park City, host of the Olympics in 2002. I have not had the chance to play this course either but it is mandatory carts so all the guys are happy about that!!
Coach has been very adamant that the guys on the team develop good team relationships both on that off the golf course. He wants us to set wagers every time we play, so we always play team matches for drinks!! Drinks are hard to come by since we are all living on a college expenses!! So we play for a drink like it’s the biggest prize in the world. I enjoy this very much but so far I have lost 3 drinks and need to win the back. It good fun though.
Well we are going down to the hot tube to try and find some dates for this weekend’s comedy club trip. It’s a hypnotist and I am going to be a volunteer. We will see how that goes!!

2 comments:

  1. Nick - We are really bummed out because we are not listed as a follower, but I did set up an account with google to be a follower. I see that Aunt Susie is now listed - I'll check with her and see what I might have done wrong.
    Just as a "heads up" - Aunt Lollie's birthday is today and you sister Emilie's is tomorrow:)
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick - well, as you can see we are one of your followers - I had evidently marked anonymous as a follower and went back and looked at my profile and changed to public. Just reading your blog and getting up-to-date.
    Love,
    Grams

    ReplyDelete