Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Home and Hit the ground Rolling!!!

So glad to finally be home for the summer and now I can really focus on the golf game and just having a fun summer and enjoy the break!!

Since I have been home I have played in three competitive tournaments already, including my U.S. Open local qualifier last Monday.

The first tournament that I played in was the Southern Colorado Amateur down at Walking Stick in Pueblo, Colorado. That was the second time I played in the event and it is a good opener for the summer season. It is hosted on the first weekend of the May and the course is always in great condition because the day after the event they have a U.S. Open qualifier there. So the Course was PERFECT!! I didn't really have the greatest showing but it was a great event to see where my game is and what things I need to work on this summer to become more competitive next year. I ended up shooting 79-75 which placed me two strokes out of the money. I did enter the skins game which is a great way to earn some of the entry fee back if you get lucky, and this year I did!! Twice... I eagled the 15th hole the first day and birdied the 2nd hole the second day. It won we back 84 dollars of the $135 entry fee. So all in all it was a great tournament besides the higher scores..

The second tournament I played in was just this last weekend up in Ft. Collins, Colorado at South Ridge Golf Club. I had never played this course before and was very happy that I got to play a practice round because the course was very short but a thinkers course and I need to think my way around my round a lot more then I have had to do in the past. The course measured to roughly 6666 yards, and was very tight. I only hit 8 drivers the entire tournament and was placing my iron tee shots in the fairway. I shot 77-73 and took 6th place out of around 40 people. My ball striking and my mental game was very good this tournament and I hit 28 of the 36 green. I improved my scores and it can only get better the rest of the summer.

Last Monday in my U.S. Open qualifier I shot 73 and just missed the qualifying score of 69. Grandpa Tarasiewicz is up here for my sisters graduation so him and Dad came up to Ft. Collins to watch me play. The tee times were delayed 30 minutes because of the frost on the course so it gave me plenty of time to get a good stretch and warm-up in. I was feeling very good before the round started and did all the preparation that I need to get done. When it was my time to tee off I was ready to get the round under way and there were a lot of people watching. As soon as I got over the ball I became very nervous and just thought it was normal because I haven't played in a event of this magnitude in a while. When I get nervous I tend to hit a bigger draw and that was what I did on the first three holes. I started off with 3 straight bogeys and shot 4 over 40 on the front nine. I calmed down and and played a better back nine and shot 2 under 33.

My game is feeling really good right now and can only get better from here. My next event is the CGA two-man championship at the end of the month. My partner is Kory Harrell, of my high school buddies who is currently playing college golf at Colorado State University. I will keep you all posted with how the summer is going and thanks for all the support!!

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment